HAHA. I knew this would happen sooner or later:
The PUA (Pick Up Artist) equivalent for women...which basically asserts that we have to have an open, approachable aura if we want men to talk to us.
Stuff you shouldn't do if you want men to approach you:
1) Come with a gaggle of girlfriends who want to talk about their impending weddings.
2) Hang out with a gaggle of gay-friends and lead the convo by insulting everyone's fashion sense.
3) Make a disgusted face when a guy looks at you.
4) Make a disgusted face then go on to tell your friends to stare down said guy who looks at you.
5) If a guy says Hi, don't shoo him away with a wave of the hand.
As for men, if you want women to respond to you, please avoid doing THIS:
Guy: Hi girls!
Happsgirl: *shoos guy away with handwave*
FSG: Err, I think this guy wants to talk to us. (to guy) Hi.
Guy: What are your names?
Happsgirl: I'm Mischa, she's Rachel (aka, Mischa Barton & Rachel Bilson from the O.C.)
Guy: Wow you guys have such nice names!
FSG: Thanks. What's your name?
Guy: I'm RAFFER.
FSG/ Rachel: What?
Happsgirl/Mischa: How do you spell that?
Guy: RAF-FER - It's spelt R-a-p-h-a-e-l.
Happsgirl/Mischa: Oh, Ra-fah-el
Guy: No, it's RAF-FER.
FSG/Rachel: Er, I think it's Ra-fah-el.
Guy: Oh, some people pronounce it Ra-fah-el, but for me it's RAF-FER. Call me RAF-FER.
Happsgirl & FSG: ......