Where you can commiserate and celebrate the fate of the number One.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Compatibility = 48%
I've coined a new term. I am 'mentally married'. That is to say, I am taken. Not like, in real life obviously. But like, in my head, I am no longer available. Tis the folly of finally finding the perfect man. No, I don't mean sort of, kind of, he's a nice guy kinda perfect. I mean, REALLY perfect. As in on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best of the best, he's a 12 kind of perfect. I mean, checking all the right boxes and then some sort of perfect. Yeah, I actually found him. No, really. HALLELUJAH praise the heavens! He exists! Yes, ladies and gentleman, I am taken. By the perfect man.
How to be 'mentally married' 101:
- Find the Perfect Man (Not an easy feat but achievable)
- Forget that there were any other men before him. (Former Love of Life types are chucked aside like shrubs in a stampede)
- Make sure you convince everyone you are taken.
- When people ask 'Why him?'...give them The List (that is to say, all the points that add up to making him a 12)
- If you are swayed by any other person quickly match them up against the Perfect Man, their shortcomings will make you stay faithful to your Perfect Man.
- Accept that his awesomeness negates the need for his physical presence.
I think I've found the answer to being a truly happy single girl. Get 'mentally married'. Once you are, you'll find that being single isn't actually that difficult.